Restenäs SBS 2014/2015

Restenäs SBS 2014/2015

Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Holy Spirit - Week 7 Summary

This week, the single most important thing I learned is that the holy spirit is constantly trying to talk to me, and that I sometimes choose to ignore or am not trying to listen. Too often I going through my day without lending an ear to the prodding of the Holy Spirit. I expect the Holy Spirit to speak to me and be extremely obvious about it. There are so many different things going on throughout each day, and so many things going on inside my head the the Holy Spirit gets lost in the shuffle. I need to become more attuned to the voice of the Holy Spirit, so that it doesn’t just become another passing thought. It was also amazing to see how the Holy Spirit was at work even today. Often, I have found myself thinking that the Holy Spirit’s role is different today than it was at the time of the First Church. We watched a couple of video clips that clearly demonstrated the awesome power of the Holy Spirit. It was amazing to see the book of Acts come to life in these modern times. I would love to grow in the gifts of prophecy and healing. I think that the world is ready for prophecy and healing. We are in a society that tries to figure out everything through scientific reasoning and experimentation. But you cannot explain a miraculous healing though scientific means, nor can you reason how a complete stranger may say what has been hidden away in you heart. For me, people with a prophetic gifting have made a huge impact on the strength of my faith these past few weeks. I have had words spoken over me about some pretty personal stuff, that I haven’t told a single person here in Iceland.
We talked about practical steps we need to take towards becoming more in tune with the prodding of the Holy Spirit. I need to spend more time just being quiet and listening for the Holy Spirit. I try and fill my days to the brim with activities to keep busy, to avoid boredom. With such full schedule, I have often left myself with little to no time to spend listening. I have started to spend more time in the scriptures, just letting the Holy Spirit guide me from passage to passage. It is amazing how the Holy Spirit can take me to places in the Bible that really help me with what I am feeling, or just the encouragement I need.

Here are two of the videos we watched this week that show the healing power of the Holy Spirit in the present time. It is truly amazing to see the Holy Spirit at work!

Healing in Disneyland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpdoge4KSug 

Daniel Chand

I hope you feel inspired and motivated to spend more time seeking the Holy Spirit. I know I do!

2 comments:

  1. Ben thank you for posting. You areva gifted articulate writer who is discipleing many through this blog. Praying for your ears to be open and confirmation to continue. Bless you Ben. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/31/2014

    Hi there Ben, sometimes I feel the same way. Something I have been trying to do is to just rest in prayer. In other words, no distractions, in a nice comfortable chair, just me and God. Blank everything and everyone else out, and come to Him, with all your hopes, dreams, fears, failures and needs. He is listening and he will answer you. I am enjoying your blog very much! Sandy

    ReplyDelete