Restenäs SBS 2014/2015

Restenäs SBS 2014/2015

Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

An eye on the past, but walking bravely forward

It is almost hard to believe that this is my last night in Reykjavik. This experience has been the most action packed six months I have ever experienced. I am very sad to leave Iceland and will be leaving a piece of my heart behind. A heart for the land and its people. Iceland is a beautiful land with a unique people and way of life. It all be difficult to leave this island and the friends I have grown to know during my time here, especially the staff members of YWAM Iceland. I have been trying to think about how one would sum up a six month life changing journey, but nothing comes to mind. I can honestly say that the words that could accurately describe the transformation I have undergone are few. To put it simply then, I have been changed by drawing close to God and feeling his spectacular love for the first time in my memory. That was the over-arching theme of the lecture phase and what I carried with me during outreach. I have shared what God has revealed to me in this love with every person who would listen. No matter which group of Russian youths I would speak to, I always had to tell my story about how God's loved changed me, and allowed me to love myself. The confidence and surety in my identity comes from that love, the love that my heavenly Father gives to me, his son.

The question that will naturally come up is, "What's next?". I feel a strong calling to attend another YWAM school in the fall; the School of Biblical Studies. I have begun to grow strong roots over this DTS, and I want those roots to become stronger. I feel called to minister to people, to tell them about the wondrous news that is Christ's redeeming sacrifice. Whatever that may look like in the future, I want to have a firm foundation in his Word. This school will span nine months of intensive study. And where will this study take place? I am going to be submitting my application to the YWAM base in Restenäs, Sweden. Please pray for the Lord's guiding hand on this process and for his continual revelation to my calling.

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you return and transition to life here. May His transformational overflow into your communities back " home" and may your roots keep you grounded and firm. Blessings on Gods plan for your life Ben. You are leading and inspiring many and shining Jesus already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro!!!
    So happy for you! Congrats on finishing strong! I'm pumped to hear you want to do a SBS! I was wanting to do one as well! So let's skype sometime! I'd love to hear more about your marvellous adventures of a Canuck amongst Vikings! :)
    Praying for you buddy! May God give you clear, direct guidance on what is to come!
    God Bless my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should definitely Skype once the dust of my return settles. I would love to share some stories with you.

      Delete
  3. makes me smile buddy. i wanna go to iceland one day, you'll probably have to take me ;)

    ReplyDelete