A closer look at Sweden now. Ljungskile is north of Gothenburg, but we can't see it just yet on the map. Rather nicely situated between various Nordic capital cities, eh?
We have to look even closer to find Ljungskile:
Now that I have you all orientated on my physical location, let me fill you in on where I am at spiritually by talking about why I have travelled all this way to be a part of YWAM's School of Biblical Studies.
YWAM's School of Biblical Studies (which shall be short formed to SBS) is a nine month course that takes you through the entire Bible, book by book. The goal is to gain a greater understanding of the awesomeness that has been handed down through the ages.
Now for the big question: Why am I doing an SBS?
This is a tough question; and an even tougher one to put to words. I suppose it boils to down to the first part of YWAM's motto: To know God. On my DTS, I gained a lot of heart knowledge. Now I am aiming for some head knowledge to go along with what my heart knows. I want a greater understanding in the things that are contained in his word. To see the connections between the old and new testaments. To see the book of Numbers as more than one of the most boring books to read. I want the Bible to feel applicable to my life, and the struggles I face in the 21st century. I also hope to come through these nine months with the ability to better explain why I believe what I believe. I am also hoping that God will further reveal part of his plan for me, since I have no idea where I am going to go after the SBS has finished.
That is why I here. The exciting part is going to come when I look back on my time in Sweden and see why God had me do and SBS.
I'm looking forward to following your adventures again, Ben. Right now I'm 3/4 through the book of Numbers. You'll love it. :)
ReplyDeleteMaps! Thank you. Following along and inspired to read along with you. Thank you for posting and sharing your experiences with us! Blessings as you settle in and meet some new friends.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your updates Ben! Praying for a smooth transition
ReplyDelete