One week has come and gone quickly. It was mostly filled with some time to see the city, and some of its sights. Taking pictures is usually something I leave to my family members on trips and such, but since I didn't bring them with me, I will have to take on this task. This post is mostly about the tourist-y things.
Here is the Harpa Concert Hall. It is quite and interesting structure. At night, the glass panels light up in different colours. It is mostly pink now for breast cancer awareness month.
Here we have a scenic view of Reykjavik as seen from the top of a water pumping station. Quite the view, eh?
Ah, the famous statue of Leif Ericsson. What a regal looking fellow.
This is Iceland largest church, named the Hallgrimskirkja. Say that ten times fast.
The interior. Much simpler than other churches I have been in. I was quite surprised.
This old Catholic Church is just up the road from the guesthouse I live. It is perfectly silent in there.
Quite a ways from the city, there is a little "island" with this lighthouse on it. I put the work island in quotes since you can walk out to it without stepping in water, but only during low tide. Once high tide rolls in, there is not way of getting to or from the island. So you have to consult the tide chart to be sure you don't get stuck.

Great pics! The architecture and landscape is quite different from other countries we've visited. I can't wait to see it for myself some day.
ReplyDelete